Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year - New Me!

January 2009 is a new beginning.
I lost my father to Cancer 5 months ago and the new year is significant beginning for me. I vow to uphold my resolutions this year.

1. Put myself first, then the husband, kids, chores, and all other necessary things.
2. Make time for work and play
3. Walk through this Journey with my head held high.
4. Take time to breathe, it's all to often I forget to slow it down.
5. Use my artwork as an outlet. Make time for it weekly as a meditation and realease of positive or negative emotions.
6. Make time for centering myself and yoga....if not daily, a few times a week.

Here's to a happier healthier New me in the New Year.

4 comments:

Christy said...

First I wanted to say I'm so sorry about your dad. Second love your list of things you want to do in 2009 especially the 'take time to breathe' I think it's important to do that too!

femminismo said...

Yes, truly sorry you lost your father. My mother died two years ago from cancer. Hospice care got us all through that, but we still ache sometimes with the loss of that wonderful woman. On another note, I love the caged bird singing. What a wonderful image. Made me smile. Thank you - jeanne in oregon, another souljournaler

KathrynAntyr said...

Congratulations on your new blog. I think you'll find having a blog will bring you closer to an amazing community of kind and creative people. I look forward to seeing more of your soul journal.

Greenby Nature said...

Go Girl!! I've just recently started my blog. I've been suffering from sciatica so have taken that as a message to slow down and stop taking on too much. Yep, a little bit of me first this year is in order. Hope you can find time to check my blog out and make a small comment.

Good Luck