Friday, January 15, 2010

Round Robin page

Here is a spread I did for a "Nature"book that is part of a national Round Robin that I have compiled through my yahoo groups. It is a really interesting project. 8 gals total. Each in a different state....we mail book once a month. There is a separate blog for that if interested.
http://www.littlebrownrobin.blogspot.com
(lets see if that link works....I am so bad at that!)
(Totally computer challenged I tell ya!)

Love the way it turned out.
The flowers are .....
1. Base is a rub on.
2. Second and third layer is book pages cut out with deckle scissors and edged with ink. I also crinkled the pages into tiny balls first. Then re-flattened them out to create the 3D effect.
3. Fourth layer is buttons.
Fifth layer is little jewels
4. I drew in the stems with my favorite fine line plum sharpie.

The butterfly is 3D.
1. First layer I cut out and glued down.
2. Second layer I cut out and only glued down the body and lifted the wings.

Background is ink rubbed on straight from the pad.





2 comments:

chocolatelifeandjazz said...

love this pagexlynda

LisaC said...

Very pretty page. I appreciate that you told us how you did it. I'm so excited to be participating in my very first RR journal with 10 others from other states (and canada). Oh, to make a link live, just put the http:// and then the name, leave out the www part. That should work.