Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Project 52 - weeks 8 & 9

Week 8 - Hide & seek
What have you created to hide behind?

Your Hair?
Your shades?
your body?
Your body art?
Your skinny?
Your weight?
your muscle?
your mouth?
your emotion?
your suit?
Your scars?

Some times people create barriers so people can't get in. This is a way of protecting ourselves, completely unaware that we create these exteriors. We are also unaware that if we seek the truth, we would find this out.

If you come out of hiding and seek the truth would it open a door you have been waiting on......


I did a bunch of inchies with Red acrylic spread over them so they look like film strips - They remind me of a Dark room with red light on.















Week 9 features nine lives.

If you had nine lives which number would you be on?
How much time would you have left in this one?

For me this one has just started. I am probably on my 4th.
I don't necessarily think one has to have a near death experience to move through one of their lives. I believe that it is all experience. Some life altering thing must happen to have you move on to the next.

It's all about new beginnings. if you were given 9 which one would you be on?

I created this image starting with the water colored base.
I then added some acrylic shine medium and a smaller piece of Japanese rice paper. On top of that I added green acrylic paint dots. I did this by using a piece of card stock with holes in it. I pushed the green acrylic paint through the holes with a putty knife.
I then added the hour glass image. I cut that out of a magazine and painted the glass black.
Added the white sand falling through the hour glass with white gel pen.
I liked how it turned out.
Hope you enjoy it.


1 comment:

Uilanikuulei said...

Hi Leann!
I just wanted to let you know that I think you're journal is coming out wonderful! I have been without service for almost a month, so I haven't been able to respond sooner.
Although I don't comment much, I like your work and the prompts you're giving. I hope you'll keep them up! I'll try and catch up when I can.
Take it easy
Lotus
lootsvele@yahoo.com
PS: Blogger doesn't like me, so I have to post under my daughters' accounts! So, only when they're online!