Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring in my step!

Well Bloggers! Spring is beginning to pop here close to Chi-town and I have become a slacker! I am fully aware of it! I have been working - just not spending the extra hours blogging about my progress. Still check in here and there. Project 52 is still a go.....I am just finding with a 5 yr old and 2 yr old "part Monkey" of a boy I can't get as much done.

When they want out- we go out. That is a done deal.
Here is a pic of the two that take me away from my blogging chores. These two devious little characters have been puddle jumping, mud slinging, hiking, singing, bike riding, Hula hooping and
and just plainly enjoying their youth, and the beginning of the 4 months that we will have nice here in the Midwest.

Here are the other pieces I have been working on. This pic is a shrine of Frida. I love Frida. This was a spread I did for a round robin I am in. This book is entitled Interesting woman, with a thread of purple. this is what i came up with.

the wings are scrapbook paper with beaded gel medium over the top and colored pencil to give it texture. I used gold stickles to outline the wings.
i used embroidery floss to make the tag the wings are holding. i used super tacky tape and then embossed over the top to give it a leathery look. Same with the doors, with the exception that i used blue embossing powder instead of brown.
I used buttons for the doors and a lovely piece of purple paper that Dawn sent me in her unloading.


The next two spreads are project 52 - #10 & #11

#10 - is a huge clock. I masked off the area and used a sponge to apply the ink. It gave it a washed look. I wrote over the top what time means to me. This was a rushed spread. "Not a lot of time" should have been my theme. ;-)

#11 - is top secret. Everyone has a secret they hold near and dear. Those things you could never tell a soul. Like those Leopard print shoes really make your blood pump, or you are really prod of yourself.....or how about the crush you have on the UPS guy.....you know those little secrets you never do a thing about. You just feel special knowing that they are there and they are yours, and your only. Well this spread is top secret. Let yourself know a little something that you sometimes forget. Give yourself a little love that nobody else has to know about.

that's all for now. It's 61 today so I need to go outside and play.
Thanks for stopping bye,
Leann

2 comments:

Thinkie said...

pretty pages, especially the one with the butterfly!

TJ said...

Leann, your blog looks great! I love Frida too... and your kids are too cute. I'm from MN so I remember how sacred and special spring feels...!! Happy creations from tj in germany