Sunday, November 28, 2010

Project 52


Oh have I been a busy bird!
Nov 19th I hosted an artisan party with 7 vendors. The turn out was better than expected...... 60 girls showed up - Dang! a great time was had by all.
Then less than 7 days later We hosted 28 for Thanksgiving. The 99" island sure did come in handy for our buffet. I have still managed to keep up with my project 52 in the process.
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
I am so very Thankful for my family, friends, and my art community. Without all the help, love, and support none would be worth while. That's me in the front smiling at the camera. So happy everything is out and servin' it up with everything cooked to perfection.









#45Anticipation took center stage.
I wrote a bunch of stuff on the stage in light blue with cryptic handwriting - Pretty much illegible, and I'm OK with that.
Holidays. Some really have issues with Holidays. Even the thought of them brings on such anxiety it is unbearable for some. Be brave and be a delight to those around you. You are amazing and should be shared, cared for and loved.








#46
Age is just a number. you are only as old as you feel. I started a work out regimen in August. I have lost 11 pounds to date and feel great. It takes motivation everyday but seeing results is a great thing. I don't have a goal in mind or size. I just wanted something to do for me everyday. It makes me feel good. It wasn't my birthday and I'm not 46. The prompt just came to me out of the blue.



#47 Flourish

I love the look of flourishes - wispy and elegant. It's also a metaphor for finding ones way. Growing out of the old and into the new in reference to the year.
Here is the book open with pages exposed. I am happy how it is developing into it's own entity. It is interesting how once it is finished it will be a blip in time. A whole year of my life sectioned into 52 weeks of events that made me ponder a thought.....a moment......an event.....a feeling.....an emotion. It has been an interesting project and it's strange to see the light at the end of the tunnel.




Here is the next page at it's start. I thought it would be good to do a doodle page and show start to finish. This is the very beginning. I Placed my number in the corner with a marker. I always choose a different spot to put the number. that way there is always movement on the page from the previous page. The base is water color of lavender and pink.

No comments: